DMR collaborated with Om Metal Infra Structures for Rehabilitation of Penstock-II (Partly Underground and partly Overground) of Kameng Hydro Electric Project (600 MW) located in Arunachal Pradesh, India. The Penstock created in 19 had developed leakages and needed rehabilitation urgently. This needed to be done through a trenchless rehabilitation method. This included lining the existing 150 m long, 4.5 m dia penstock with Glass-fibre reinforced polymer – GFRP / Carbon fiber reinforced polymer- CFRP liner using the trenchless method.
- DMR’s initial team was mobilized for the restoration project of Penstock-II of Kameng Hydro Electric Project, with a total of 23 personnel in the team and a thoroughly researched plan of action.
- Analysis of past Designs and required modifications related to all Penstock works.
- Checking of methodology for rectification of offsets and providing suitable solutions for offset repairs.
- Ensuring Quality assurance in the project (Pre UT inspections, supervision during welding, Post-UT inspection, etc.).
- Monitor welding operations and witness quality control including Non-Destructive Test (NDT).
- Offset methodology to be tested & the final solution to be given.